I just want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to
everyone who participated and donated for TAKE CHARGE SAVE PAR. I don’t think it is an understatement to say this drive was a huge success. Through the unlikely
number of 14 pars and 3(!) birdies, we have raised over $90,000 for the Take
Charge Foundation. 100% of this money will go towards funding new scholarships
in the coming years.
I have been texted and emailed by a number of my friends and
supporters who were surprised at the number of pars/birdies reached this year.
As surprised as you may have been by that number (compared to last year’s 8
pars/birdies), trust me, no one was a surprised as me! My caddie, Rodney
Wolton, was steady and the putter was hot.
The words of the immortal Ty
Webb, “Be the ball, Danny,” worked like magic!
We are motivated to do more, raise more, and help more by
the success of the students in our scholarship program. I wish everyone would
get a chance to meet them, because every last one of them will leave a
tremendous imprint on our world. Thanks to everyone who contributed, we will
able to add more great people to this list.
We are always looking for unique fundraisers. As you can
tell by our signature BATTIOKE and TAKE CHARGE SAVE PAR, I have no qualms about
making a fool out of myself in the name of The Take Charge Foundation. All in
good fun of course. Send us your ideas for the next great fundraiser, we’d love
to hear your ideas!
Thanks again for your help and support,
Shane
No comments:
Post a Comment